On display

Putting my portraits on display meant I could assess which drawings were the most successful. I thought I'd still prefer the ones using photography but when they were up it was the more abstract drawings that stood out as having more potential. The ones that are very figurative don't invite as much exploration as the the abstract ones and the drawings that use layers have much more depth to them. My next task is to explore the use of layers and accumulation of line within my drawings. 

(These are all self-portraits done in different techniques and displayed as a jumble of images)

(Family members portraits)

(Portraits using photography, collage and life drawing)

(a different approach to displaying portraits, flat on a desk the viewer can explore them from all angles)

I am recording presentation ideas as they come to me. I want the curating of my work to be just as interesting as the drawings themselves.
- Hanging from the ceiling to fill the room
- Attaching to frames so they are free-standing
these ideas both invite the viewer to move around the drawings in a space
- Continuous drawings that surround the whole room, creating a 360 degree experience 
- One drawing that covers the whole wall, up close will look like nothing and from a distance recognisable features can be discovered
- Projections that build layers on the drawing and move in and out of focus